we are pleased to announce version 0.6 of Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client. This release brings several new features as well as the usual share of bugfixes:
- Plugin-based infrastructure for the address book, which will allow better integration with other applications
- Usability improvements in the message composer on several fronts
- Better keyboard-only usability for those of us who do not touch mouse that often
- More intuitive message tagging, and support for standardized actions for junk mail
- Optional sharing of authentication data between IMAP and SMTP
- Change to using Qt5 by default. This is the last release which still supports Qt4.
- Improved robustness on unstable network connections
- The old status bar is now gone to save screen real estate
- IMAP interoperability fixes
- Speed improvements
This release is named after the Aegean island Λέσβος (Lesvos). Jan was there for the past five weeks, and he insisted on mentioning this challenging experience.
The Trojitá developers