we are pleased to announce version 0.5 of Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client. More than 500 changes went in since the previous release, so the following list highlights just a few of them:
- Trojitá can now be invoked with a mailto: URL (RFC 6068) on the command line for composing a new email.
- Messages can be forwarded as attachments (support for inline forwarding is planned).
- Passwords can be remembered in a secure, encrypted storage via QtKeychain.
- E-mails with attachments are decorated with a paperclip icon in the overview.
- Better rendering of e-mails with extraordinary MIME structure.
- By default, only one instance is kept running, and can be controlled via D-Bus.
- Trojitá now provides better error reporting, and can reconnect on network failures automatically.
- The network state (Offline, Expensive Connection or Free Access) will be remembered across sessions.
- When replying, it is now possible to retroactively change the reply type (Private Reply, Reply to All but Me, Reply to All, Reply to Mailing List, Handpicked).
- When searching in a message, Trojitá will scroll to the current match.
- Attachment preview for quick access to the enclosed files.
- The mark-message-read-after-X-seconds setting is now configurable.
- The IMAP refresh interval is now configurable.
- Speed and memory consumption improvements.
- Miscellaneous IMAP improvements.
- Various fixes and improvements.
- We have increased our test coverage, and are now making use of an improved Continuous Integration setup with pre-commit patch testing.
This release has been tagged in git as "
v0.5". You can also download a tarball (GPG
signature). Prebuilt binaries for multiple distributions are available
via the OBS, and so is a Windows installer.
We would like to thank Karan Luthra and Stephan Platz for their efforts during Google Summer of Code 2014.
The Trojitá developers
- Jan Kundrát
- Pali Rohár
- Dan Chapman
- Thomas Lübking
- Stephan Platz
- Boren Zhang
- Karan Luthra
- Caspar Schutijser
- Lasse Liehu
- Michael Hall
- Toby Chen
- Niklas Wenzel
- Marko Käning
- Bruno Meneguele
- Yuri Chornoivan
- Tomáš Chvátal
- Thor Nuno Helge Gomes Hultberg
- Safa Alfulaij
- Pavel Sedlák
- Matthias Klumpp
- Luke Dashjr
- Jai Luthra
- Illya Kovalevskyy
- Edward Hades
- Dimitrios Glentadakis
- Andreas Sturmlechner
- Alexander Zabolotskikh