Today, on the 3rd day of the month, 333 days since the initial announcement, it's my pleasure to announce the immediate availability of a new release of Trojitá, a Qt IMAP e-mail client. This is a technical preview release not designed for production use, but rather a demonstration about what's been done in the past months. It should be safe to point it to your production IMAP server (it has never eaten any mail for me), but one shouldn't send real e-mails or otherwise rely on it apart from testing.
New features in this release include:
- Much improved offline support with proper on-disk caching
- Tons of bugfixes (and I really mean it -- there have been plenty of them)
- Improved interoperability with various IMAP servers, including Microsoft Exchange
- Parallel connections to the IMAP server for increased performance when dealing with multiple mailboxes
- Improved connection handling, asynchronous operation and robustness, much more detailed error reporting
- IMAP protocol log
- Click-to-show external entities from HTML e-mail
- GUI tweaks
- The build system now uses QMake instead of CMake for better integration with Nokia's building infrastructure and embedded deployments
- Trojita now builds and runs on Windows and Maemo5 (Nokia N900 -- stay tuned for more news)
- Unit test coverage got expanded
I'd like to use this opportunity to thank KWest for their support which tremendously accelerated Trojitá's development.